Confirming an order is an important part of any business-customer relationship. Companies send this transactional email to provide the customers with detailed information about their order. After registering with SendPulse, you can send order confirmation emails automatically without much effort.
Along with other automated messages like welcome emails, thank you emails, or confirmation emails, an order confirmation email is considered to be not just a formality or a tool to inform your customers about the status of their order. It is also a great opportunity to build a rapport with your clients. Personalization is a great technique that can be used to make your order confirmation email look and feel friendlier.
When to Send Your Order Confirmation Email
This email should be issued when a customer places an order on your company’s website. With this email, you confirm that you have accepted a client's order.
Email itself remains one of the most effective tools used by businesses to maintain a healthy and lucrative pattern of communication with their clients and, most importantly, their returning customers. Order confirmation emails are no exception. They can be used both to serve as a tool to provide your customers with vital information concerning their order and to lay the ground for possible future interaction with your brand.
How to Send Automatic Order Confirmation Emails
There's no need to have any technical skills or a programmer in your team to send these emails.
Let's confirm subscribers' orders!
Provide your customers with special care and set transactional email sending after a user places an order. Leave the technical side of things to SendPulse.
- Register with SendPulse.
- Use our drag and drop editor to design your order confirmation email template.
- Go to Automation 360 and create an event — order placement.
- Create an email automation flow.
- Track conversions.
Before constructing an order confirmation email template, it is a sound idea to plan what details you plan to include.
What to Include in an Order Confirmation Email
It is best to keep a balance between brevity and friendliness. Here is a list of the essential transaction details to be included in an order confirmation email.
- order number
- an item (product or service)
- price (per item)
- billing/shipping address
- payment methods
- shipping method and cost
- estimated delivery time (optional)
Crafting an email template is not that of a difficult task, but if your imagination well has run dry, get some inspiration from the collection of free responsive email templates. Use SendPulse’s drag and drop editor to design your emails that cut through the noise.
Once your email template is ready, and the email workflow is set up, your customers will receive their order confirmation emails after they push that ‘place my order’ button on the order confirmation page.
Order Confirmation Page
An order confirmation page is a page within a company’s website, often referred to as ‘shopping cart,’ where customers can see the list of items/services they opted to buy from the company.
A typical order confirmation page includes a list of items, their quantity, the price per item, shipping options, and cost as well as the total cost of the order.
- The article "Optimize These 4 Transactional Emails to Drive Sales and Improve the Purchase Experience" on Shopify blog defines a transactional email, gives consideration to an order confirmation email, abandoned shopping cart email, shipping confirmation email, and customer feedback email.
- The article "Amazing Order Confirmation Emails That Grow Sales" on X-Cart offers useful examples of order confirmation emails.
- The article "Order Confirmation Emails: How to Delight Your Customers Every Time" on Customer.io blog provides tips on how to create useful order confirmation emails.
- The article "Best Practices for Optimizing Order Confirmation Emails" on Litmus blog uncovers the value of confirmation emails and provides useful tips.
💙 Can I send automated onboarding emails with SendPulse?
Of course. Register with SendPulse, set up an event for a completed order using Automation 360, and create an email workflow. With SendPulse, you can send up to 15,000 free automated emails, including order confirmation, abandoned cart, and reactivation emails, to 500 subscribers monthly free of charge.
💭 Why should I send emails to confirm an order?
Because users expect this from your brand. It confirms their order details like their shipping address and the number of products they ordered to avoid any issues. No doubt, sending order confirmation emails is a must for any e-commerce business, so register with SendPulse and send them for free.
💳 How much does it cost to send order confirmation emails?
Last Updated: 2020-03-31