Brand marketing is a particular approach to creating a brand name and design, establishing clear creative communications, and performing marketing activities that will differentiate your product from others.
Brand marketing collaborates with many branches of advertisement. Brand marketing aims to create a product that will hook the audience and lead the current market.
Brand marketing and direct response marketing are two different approaches to marketing. Watch the video to find out the differences and ways to combine them.
Why is brand marketing is essential?
This type of marketing is all about developing brand awareness and recognition, trustworthiness, product visibility, market reach, and the overall reputation of your brand. It is a way to promote your product uniquely and recognizably to highlight your brand, it's a particular value for customers and show what sets you apart from others. As a result, products or services that you offer your customers will have a higher value.
Brand marketing pursues a long-term goal of building a continually growing base of loyal customers through communicating your brand's identity and values. Therefore, an effective brand marketing strategy can help you stand out from the crowd and take your business to the next level, skyrocket sales, and attract new customers.
Brand Marketing Objectives
- Brand awareness
- Brand loyalty
- Brand advocate
- Brand equity
- Brand engagement
- Brand identity and image
Building a brand is a challenging and crucial step in your business's success. Brand marketing objectives are the main goals of any brand, such as creating a particular image in the market or increasing revenue. Let’s cover the most common brand marketing objectives that companies usually pursue while designing their brand strategy.
- Brand awareness. Raising awareness is the main task to make customers recognize and recall your product or service through diverse advertising activities.
- Brand loyalty. It’s essential to make customers not just recognize and choose your brand but to stick with it. The primary task is to convince customers they have to opt for your brand by displaying product value and uniqueness.
- Brand advocate. Increase the number of customers who will recommend your product or service to other people.
- Brand equity. Authoritative and firmly established brands are believed to be more successful since people prefer a well-known company to a less recognizable brand.
- Brand engagement. It’s better to work towards increased engagement from your active users. The more users that interact with your brand (visit your website, review products, or make orders), the higher are your chances are to build a recognizable brand.
- Brand identity and image. People need to recognize your brand through visual elements such as symbols, logos, colors, packaging, etc.
As you can see, these objectives are crucial for the success of your product.
Brand Marketing Strategies
- Brand-name recognition
- Individual branding
- Attitude branding
- “No brand” strategy
- Brand extension
- Private label
A brand marketing strategy is the general approach you choose to promote your brand and make it visible and well-known. If a brand strategy is well-defined and executed, you will be able to achieve tangible results. There are plenty of brand marketing strategies based on the target audience, budget, marketing campaigns, but we will cover the most common ones below.
- Brand-name recognition. People recognize a company by its brand name, logo, slogan as well as colors. Great examples are Apple, Coca Cola, or Starbucks that use the weight of their brand name to drive sales and attract customers.
- Individual branding. This strategy is used when a large company has subsidiary products, which function independently under their name. For example, Mars, Inc. produces Snickers, Twix, Bounty, M&Ms.
- Attitude branding. This is a great strategy to consider. Companies like Nike implement attitude branding by bringing a personality and show their particular style.
- “No brand” strategy. This minimalist approach can bring excellent results for your brand. The design of a logo and product itself is generic but straightforward and creative at the same time. A good example is the Japanese company, “Muji,” which translates to “No label” in English.
- Brand extension. This particular strategy is used when a well-established company decides to create new products or services. The latest products or services will still carry the primary brand identity. For example, Fender had produced guitars and then extended its brand with the production of earbuds.
- Private label. This strategy is widely used among supermarkets. For example, Walmart sells products at a more reasonable price to beat competition from larger, well-known brands.
- Crowdsourcing. In this case, it’s up to the public to support your brand's creation. For example, supporters are actively involved in creating the name of your brand. This approach allows you to carefully follow your customer’s preferences and drive their interest in a product.
Each of these marketing strategies can promote your brand and make your products successful.
How to Develop an Effective Brand Marketing Strategy
- Establish your company vision
- Identify the target audience
- Stay consistent
- Draw real emotions
Brand strategy is a crucial part of your overall marketing plan as it helps to establish sustainable relationships with customers and make them choose your brand.
If you want to establish a well-running business and create an effective brand strategy, there are a few things to consider.
Before you define your brand, you have to answer several questions that will help you make the right decision:
- What is the primary mission of your product?
- What are the main features that set you apart?
- Who are your customers?
- What do they already think of your product?
- What are the main things you want customers to associate with your brand?
Now that you have answered these questions, you should have a better idea of how to design your brand strategy.
Here are the main tips that will make your brand strategy highly effective.
- Establish your company vision. Create a list of features or characteristics that you want your brand to be known for. Come up with a strategy that will communicate these characteristics to your customers through various marketing channels.
- Identify the target audience. Brand marketing will be successful only if you determine your target audience correctly. Identify your audience, not just by their underlying demographics. Dig deeper, consider details, and try to define their psychographics as well.
- Stay consistent. You must come up with a recognizable name, logo, colors, and communication style with your customers. Consistency is the key to creating and maintaining reliable brand recognition.
- Draw real emotions. It’s obligatory to establish an emotional connection with your customers. Provide the best service possible, care about your customers' satisfaction, and create marketing campaigns that will evoke emotions. Creating an emotional response is vital for your success and to establish brand loyalty.
How to Improve Your Brand Marketing with SendPulse
Nowadays, there are a lot of tools and services that facilitate all marketing activities, including brand marketing. The main reason to do this is to advance all the processes, make them more productive and cost-efficient. Here SendPulse proves useful.
With this service, you will be able to establish effective communication with customers, let them stay up to date with the latest news, and promote loyalty through compelling email campaigns and messages in social media.
Creating adaptive email campaigns has never been more comfortable with SendPulse. Tell your customers about the forthcoming seasonal sale or announce a new feature launch. Drag and drop editor allows creating an email easily and fast. Make customized eye-catching email designs, send it to your target audience, and track your performance through analytics.
Moreover, SendPulse allows marketers to create a chatbot for Facebook Messenger and Telegram app that you should try out. With this outstanding feature, you will be able to provide automated customer support that will imitate live communication with company representatives. Your customers will be satisfied with instant responses to their queries.
Brand Marketing Example
We have mentioned some brands and their general brand marketing strategies. The most prominent example, Nike, was established 55 years ago. Now Nike is known all over the world, and the company brings more than $35 billion in yearly revenue. Customers continue to choose Nike, despite having many other options, because of their superior brand marketing.
Nike's logo is known everywhere and is instantly recognizable. Nike creates high-quality sportswear and shoes and knows how to make customers want to buy their products through effective brand marketing.
Nike’s brand strategy was defined long ago. Their website, customer support, marketing activities are top-notch. In their brand marketing campaigns, they often involve a particular personality to speak to customers’ emotions. Nike's personality is open about failures, struggles, and the ways they overcome all the hurdles related to sports. Through various kinds of visual marketing such as promo videos, banners, ads, Nike drives sales.
This approach is hugely motivating for people, evokes sheer emotion, and spurs customers to cope with challenges while choosing their brand. This what you need to strive for. Consistent, motivational, and emotional content that makes people believe and trust a manufacturer and stay with their brand for years.
The importance of brand marketing for your business's success is undeniable. It’s recommended to take care of it in the early stages of product development to build a brand that will be recognized by customers forever. By implementing these tips, you will be one step closer to creating an effective, sustainable, and memorable brand image. Raise brand awareness, boost loyalty, and be ready to harvest success.
- The article defines brand marketing and provides tips to build a strong strategy.
- The article explains what brand marketing is and offers a guide to building a strategy that aligns with your business.
Last Updated: 12.01.2022