"Email" Element in Automation 360
With the help of the "Email" element, you can send an email to a subscriber to notify them about a new purchase, order status change, or new products on the site or invite them to a webinar.
Please note that to send an email to users, their email addresses must be valid (active).
Add the "Email" element
Drag the "Email" element from the left panel to the working field. Connect it to the element after which you need to send the email.
Specify Your Sending Time
Specify when you want to send the email. You can select the "Right away" option to send the message immediately, "After" to delay the sendout, or "Exact time" or "Exact time and date" to set the time yourself.
Read more: Element (Block) Execution Time.
Add Your Subject
Enter your email subject — the part of the message your subscribers see when they get into their inbox. It will be displayed as a single line right next to the sender's name. Use variables to send a personalized email to a user.
In the "Flow start" element, you can select a condition that will start your flow. If you have selected:
- "Add subscriber," "Special date," "Contact webhook," or "Change variable," then the variables will be filled in from the specified mailing list.
- "Create a deal" or "Change deal stage," then the variables will be filled in from the fields in the selected CRM pipeline.
- "Start the flow by event", then the variables will be filled in from the event body or from the body of both the event and the mailing list if the mailing list is selected (if there is a contact in that mailing list).
Add Your Preheader
Enter your email preheader that will be displayed next to the email subject. You can also add variables to it. If you leave the input field empty, the preheader will display a part of the template text.
Select Your Template
You can choose your own template or one of the ready-made SendPulse templates and insert your text and images into it.
To personalize an email, add contact variables to it.
When editing a template, make sure that template variable names match contact variables you pass to the selected flow series start. If the variables do not match, then the subscriber will receive an email without them.
Specify Your Sender
Select an email address, and enter the sender's name.
You can specify different sender names and addresses for each "Email" element in the flow separately.
See also: How to Add a New Email Sender Address.
Please note that if you change the sender's address in the automation options, the address will automatically change in all previously customized elements.
Attach Your Files
You can attach some files to the email, for example, a document or a photo. Click "Attach Files," then — Choose Files.
Set Up an Unsubscribe Link
For transactional emails, you can disable the unsubscribe link.
Please note that you can only disable the unsubscribe link for three "Email" blocks in one flow.
Continue building your flow by adding other elements like "Action," "Filter," "Condition," or "Goal" to set up an action with subscriber data and other blocks to send a message via other channels, for example, "Messenger," "SMS," "Viber," and "Push."
View Element Statistics
To view information about the element, exit the editor, and hover over the desired element in the "Flow" tab. You will see how many emails were sent, delivered, and opened, as well as the number of clicks.
To view detailed statistics by email addresses, click on the desired "Email" block. A sidebar will open on the right. You will see the total number of sent and delivered emails, click-throughs, and the number of errors at the top.
On the "Campaign overview" tab, you will see the general information about it — the status, preheader, mailing list, sender's email address and name, sending time, campaign link, and template.
List of Recipients
You can also view contacts to whom your emails were sent, their delivery status, sending time and date, and time and date when the sending status changed.
Go to the "List of recipients" tab. To the right of the email address, you can see the sending status:
- Sent, delivery status not known yet — email sent to the recipient.
- Delivered — email delivered to the recipient.
- Delivered and read — email delivered and read by the recipient.
- Delivered, read, clicked a link — recipient received the email, read it, and followed the link.
- Delivered, read, user unsubscribed — recipient received the email, read it, and unsubscribed via the link.
- Marked as spam by user — recipient received the email and marked it as spam.
- Invalid email — recipient's email address is incorrect.
- Mailbox is full — recipient's mailbox is full.
- Spam by server — email was rejected by the server.
- Domain does not exist — recipient's domain does not exist or is incorrect.
- Bad recipient — recipient's email address blocked by the service, for example, due to spam reports or emails to non-existent email addresses.
- Other reasons — email was not delivered to the recipient for other reasons.
In the "Statistics" > "Campaign statistics" tab, you can see the statistics of the element in the form of a pie chart and an activity graph.
The "Error statistics" tab displays a pie chart of email sending errors.
Last Updated: 03.05.2022